Amit Tiwari is a research fellow at the Documentation Research and Training Centre (DRTC), Indian Statistical Institute, India. He is a doctoral student in the Department of Library and Information Science at Calcutta University, Kolkata, India. Mr Tiwari earned a master's degree in Library and Information Science at the Indian Statistical Institute. He has published his research in high impact journals and conferences.
He has been teaching and Guiding on several topics at DRTC, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore Centre since 2018. Some of the papers which he guided are Information Retrieval, Digital Library, Research Methodology, Elements of Statistics, Study of Subject, Information Sources, Services and Systems.
My Research Interests
- Data management and curation,
- Data representation,
- Digital Libraries,
- Digital Humanities,
- Semantic Web Technologies, and
- Knowledge Organization.
- Tiwari, A., & Madalli, D. P. (2021). Maturity models in LIS study and practice. Library & Information Science Research, 43(1), 101069. doi:10.1016/j.lisr.2020.101069
- Gajbe, S. B., Tiwari, A., Gopalji, & Singh, R. K. (2021). Evaluation and analysis of Data Management Plan tools: A parametric approach. Information Processing & Management, 58(3), 102480. doi:10.1016/j.ipm.2020.102480
- Varadarajan, U., Bagchi, M., Tiwari, A., & Satija, M. P. (2022). GENOME: A GENeric methodology for Ontological Modelling of Epics. arXiv preprint arXiv:2202.13751.
- Gajbe, S., Tiwari, A., & Madalli, D. P. (2020). Domain-Specific Resource Gateway. IASLIC Proceeding. Kochi: IASLIC.
- Tiwari, A. (2018a). Data Analytics in Libraries and Information Centres. In D. P. Madalli & A. R. D. Prasad (Eds.), Exploring the Horizons of Library and Information Sciences: From Libraries to Knowledge Hub (pp. 441–450). Bangalore: DRTC.
- Tiwari, A. (2018b). Data Curation: An opportunity for the libraries. In K. Elavazhagan, A. Parvez, M. Mandirasalam, K. K. Raghavan, & T. Ashraf (Eds.), Emerging Trends in Librarianship: Role of Libraries in Learning Environment (pp. 324–331). Tiruchirappalli: IIM Tiruchirappalli.
- Tiwari, A., & Varadarajan, U. (2018). Intellectual infrastructure development in the era of information society. In Y. S. Rao (Ed.), Scholarly Communication, Open-access Publishing and Ethics (pp. 34–41). Vijayawada: Hyderabad: BS Publications. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.21467/proceedings.3
- Tiwari, A., Varadarajan, U., & Munshi, D. (2017). Digital India Initiative: an Educational Panorama. In A. Chatterjee, S. B. Banerjee, N. Lahkar, K. Majumder, & P. Panigrahi (Eds.), IASLIC 31st all India Conference (pp. 354–360). IASLIC.
For Latest Publications please visit his Google Scholar page.
- Life Member of IASLIC
- DRTC Alumni Association
- Interested in contemporary socio-economic and political developments across India and the world. He loves playing cricket and writing about various happenings of life and society. Interested may visit his BLOG.