My Name is Subhranshubhusan Sahoo, I am a Senior Research Fellow in DRTC, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore Centre. I have a master's degree in library and information science and a bachelor's degree in instrumentation and Electronics engineering.
I have Taught following Subjects:
- Foundations of Library and Information Science
- Research Methodology (Theory)
- Cataloguing and Metadata (Theory and Practice)
- Elements of Mathematics
- Scientometrics and Informetrics (Theory and Practice)<
My Research Interests
My research interest includes the area of Informetrics, specifically, application of scientometrics, bibliometrics in order to obtain meaningful metrics study of information. This will be helpful for measurement of scientific research and impact. In my master’s thesis, I have worked in the area of data citation and it’s impact in various area.
- Sinha, P. K., Gajbe, S. B., Chakrabory, K., Sahoo, S.B., Debnath, S., & Mahato, S. S., (2021). A Review of Machine Learning Ontologies, International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology, 2021, 11(4), 158-164.
- Chakrabory, K., Sahoo, S.B., Gajbe, S. B., Sinha, P. K., Debnath, S., & Mahato, S. S., (2021). A Bibliometric Assessment of Bibliometric Studies on Covid-19 Research Publications., Library Herald, 2021, 59(4), 242-256.
- Sinha, P. K., Gajbe, S. B., Debnath, S., Sahoo, S.B., Chakrabory, K., & Mahato, S. S., (2021). A review of data mining Ontology., Data Technologies and Applications, 2021.
- Sahoo, S.B., Chakarborty, S., Madalli, D.P., (2021). COVID-19 Research Publications in India: A Bibliometric Study., IASLIC Bulletin., 66(2), 67-77.
- Sinha, P. K., Sahoo, S. B., Gajbe, S. B., Chakrabory, K., & Mahato, S. S., (2020). Altmetrics Research Progress: A Bibliometric Analysis and Visualization., Journal of Scientometric Research,2, 137-145., 2020
- Sahoo, S. B. (2018). Data Citation: Challenges and Applications. Library Herald, 56(1), 115-121.
- Ajith Kumar, Akhilesh, Sahoo, S. B., Ariyana, Hilala, & Sinha, P. K., (2016). A new way of data visualization using Bradford’s and Lotka’s law., Journal of Library Development,2(1), 74-82., 2016.
- DRTC Alumni Association
- Elected as the sports manager of the Students’ Council of Indian Statistical Institute.
- Managed Mess committee of Indian Statistical Institute student Mess.
- Act as volunteer for the health related issues of students in Indian Statistical Institute