I am a Senior Research Fellow (SRF) at Documentation Research and Training Centre (DRTC), Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore Centre India. I am a doctoral student in the Department of Library and Information Science at Calcutta University, Kolkata, India. I earned a master’s degree in Library and Information Science at the Documentation Research and Training Centre (DRTC), Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore Centre, India. I did my graduation with B.A. (Hons.) Economics from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Taught some major post-graduate courses to the MS-LIS students (First Years and Second Years) of DRTC, ISI, Bangalore as Teaching Assistant, namely:
- Foundations of Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Information Organisation
- Classification (Practical)
- Research Methodology
- Digital Libraries
- Knowledge Management
My Research Interests
- Research Data Management,
- Data Management Plans,
- Digital Libraries,
- Semantic Web Technologies, and
- Knowledge Organization.
- Gajbe, S. B., Tiwari, A., Gopalji, & Singh, R. K. (2021). Evaluation and analysis of Data Management Plan tools: A parametric approach. Information Processing & Management, 58(3), 102480. doi:10.1016/j.ipm.2020.102480
- Ji, G. & Singh, R. K. (2021). Application of Hadoop as Big Data Infrastructure in Libraries. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 6308. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/6308.
- IASLIC: Kolkata, West Bengal, IN 2022-03-10 to present | Life Member
- Research Data Alliance: Dublin, IE 2019 to present | Life Member
- A part of the ISIBC Student's Council as the Sports Committee member for the academic years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020.
- A part of the ISIBC Student's Council as the Interim Mess Committee member for the academic year 2019-2020 and as the Core Mess committee member for the academic years 2020-2021 and 2021-2022.
- Worked as the President of Student's Council (Student Representative) for the academic year 2021-2022.
- Interested in Playing Cricket, Cricket Commentary, Singing and Social Works.